Friday, July 3, 2009

Giving of Shoes at Eliza Martinez

The time had finally arrived. Our first opportunity to put shoes on the boys feet at Eliza Martinez. It is one of those things that unless you experience it for yourself you may not be able to fully comprehend the magnitude of it. Let's just say it was one of many of the highlights of our trip. After taking part in Shoes for Orphan Souls Shoe Drives for two years and now being able to see it full circle, now that is exciting. We took turns in going out in our groups to put shoes and socks on the feet of the orphans.

When they began to get the shoes out, I saw these camouflage tennis shoes that I just fell in love with. I so wanted to put those shoes on one of the guys feet. I went on about my duties and when it came my turn, the Lord so worked it out that the camouflage shoes were the very pair that I was able to place on the feet of one of the orphans.


God is so good!!!!!!

No comments: