Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bonnie's Wednesday Word - October 15th 2008

I am hoping that this Wednesday Word finds everyone doing well. I pray that you are trusting the Lord to keep His promise to you no matter the circumstances of life. That can be so easy to say and do when all of life is going your way but when it is not it can be very hard. The truth however is the truth. God’s Word is true in season and out. He is the answer for any and every need that we have in our lives.

I bring this up today as a reminder to me as much as to you. I have just had the opportunity to look at pictures taken and to begin to process all I saw and did while on the missions trip through Buckner International, specifically Shoes for Orphan Souls to Guatemala. I have said that in a word the trip was Amazing.


Amazing that there are precious orphans that are without homes and families to love them. Amazing that orphan does not mean just little ones but more times than not older children and teenagers that may never have the opportunity to have a real family to love them. Amazing that the love of Jesus can be seen and felt through a pair of tennis shoes.
Amazing that there are many ministries and organizations such as Buckner who provide love and support to these orphanages in Guatemala as well as other countries including our own. Amazing that people who do not know each other come from all over the USA to form teams to do a work in the name of Jesus.
Amazing that after we have left the precious orphans to come home that our God is faithful to provide every thing that each orphan needs.

He has a plan and purpose for each of them just as He has for you and me.

I have to believe His Word is true for all of us. I cling to his truths not just for me but for Lola, Lena, Candy, Zaida, Oscar, Norman and Miguel, just a few of the precious orphans in Guatemala.

I pray that you will find all that you need is in Him!!!!!


P.S. Thanks for a wonderful 2008 Dixie Classic Fair. $7192.00 in Plinko for Second Harvest Food Bank, at least 622 faces painted on School Days,
a packed house even in the rain for Josh Wilson, Mandisa and Matthew West Concert and the best Volunteers around!!!!!!! We thank you!!!!!

COME BACK SOON TO SEE PICTURES AND HEAR MORE STORIES ABOUT MY GUATAMALA TRIP!

No comments: